I was thinking about my athletic goals for 2012, which I will discuss in another post soon, when I—well, let’s just show a bunch of “random” facts.
- A few months ago, we started planning a trip to Barcelona in March 2012.
- We’re absolutely, positively going to Barcelona in March. No question about it: It’s going to be Lisa and me in Barcelona in March of 2012.
- Last year I ran the New Bedford Half Marathon (21km) and got pwned by my blood sugar.
- I swore I would make New Bedford my bitch.
- Next year’s NBHM is March 18.
- Over the last year I’ve met some of my diabetes peeps in NYC, Boston, DC, and Kansas City.
- This month we met a bunch of my online peeps because of Simonpalooza.
- I like meeting my online peeps in person.
- Several of my Canadian peeps are planning on running the Around the Bay Road Race (30km).
- Next year’s Around the Bay is March 25.
- I’ve never seen Niagara Falls.
- Visiting Toronto again and seeing Niagara Falls are on my “101 things to do in 1001 days” list.
- Around the Bay is in Hamilton, ON, which is halfway between Toronto and Niagara Falls, an hour in each direction.
Like I said, totally random facts.
Wait a minute! Maybe I should run the Around the Bay Road Race at some point, whether that’s 2012 or 2013. Brilliant!
Let the negotiations (about New Bedford or Ontario, but not about Barcelona) begin.